Boost gauge on DD15
03-23-2018, (Subject: Boost gauge on DD15 ) 
RE: Boost gauge on DD15
In the first image there is a plug on the throttle housing. Flat and round with a hex key insert right by the bracket in the back. If you have this on your truck it may be necessary to use because it's the only port I can find. As you can see I removed the CAC hose and looked inside (My God there is just no way to replace a CAC hose without mind boggling cussing, grunting, and lots of groaning). Don't allow your attachment fitting to extend too far into the housing as you'll see in the second image because the butterfly is in there. The port is shown in the second image way up on top of the pic. It's a tad misleading but the butterfly shouldn't even come close. On a side note, I did take it to Freightliner in Tuscaloosa (kudos to them for the "help") to have it removed where they used an impact with an 8mm hex because my hex key was going to break. Side note #2, that plug is supposedly metric M14x1.5 according to the guys at Parker fittings. This was just part of my OODO today. Rotate both images to the left (I give up...how do you get them upright?)

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gsain , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
Boost gauge on DD15 - gsain - 02-23-2018,
RE: Boost gauge on DD15 - bossboy2 - 03-23-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.