Cpl and horsepower
03-08-2018, (Subject: Cpl and horsepower ) 
RE: Cpl and horsepower
(03-08-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Yes, you can load your own calibrations into your ECM. The program's you're going to want are cummins insite and you will need an incal disk. Both of these can be obtained through legal and non-legal means. They are all over the internet. How to use them and how you obtain them is up to you to figure out.
Once you acquire both of these things and are able to use them, as Rawze stated, just post on here what your original CPL number is and current calibration code. And we'd be more than happy to tell you which ones you can safely load to your truck.
Rawze does not allow file sharing on here. With that said other forums are great places to obtain software that you might be interested in but are very dangerous places to hook up with guys on how to properly use them and properly put things in your truck. So coming back here after you acquire these things is highly recommended.
I figured I'd warn you up front about other forums because I have a strong feeling that one way or another good or bad you will be back here again to do things the right way. Hopefully you choose the good route and not the bad. This place is a bit of a safe haven.

Oh, I have no desire to run butchered code in my ECM. I just want to be able to load two different power/torque tunes that are correct for my truck and then compare them over time to see which work better. And thinking about this further it could be 4 or 5 different engine tunes as the torque curves were different within the same horsepower setting. Looks like the missing piece is the incal disk which must contain the engine library.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cpl and horsepower - tree98 - 03-08-2018,
RE: Cpl and horsepower - Rawze - 03-08-2018,
RE: Cpl and horsepower - superbug - 03-08-2018
RE: Cpl and horsepower - Rawze - 03-09-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.