Ground locations...
04-09-2018, (Subject: Ground locations... ) 
Ground locations...
Had an issue recently with my speedometer. The sensor and harness we're pretty old and beaten up, so I replaced it. Thought it was fine...

...until this morning, when I started having issues with it again. It bounces around just enough at idle...intermittently...where it will put me back into drive status if I don't watch it.

I've also had issues recently with an inadequate ground to power the trailer lights, when the headlights are on. I was able to fix some of the issue...trailer wiring related...but not all of it.

Now I was already planning on adding a ground strap to the fifth wheel to help with the trailer lights, but looking at the big picture, it looks as if I'm also having problems with inadequate grounds on the tractor. I already ordered a set of crimpers, I'll be replacing my weathered cables with welding cable, and ensuring there is a good ground to both the block and the frame.

What I'm curious about is if anyone knows where I can find all of the little grounds are at...where I can find a wiring schematic maybe? I'm sure they are also due for some love. Gotta love how paccar hides the wiring schematics!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Ground locations... - dhirocz - 04-09-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.