What would cause black oil in a tuned engine
04-29-2018, (Subject: What would cause black oil in a tuned engine ) 
RE: What would cause black oil in a tuned engine
(04-29-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Do you have a bypass filter on it? My new long block turns oil black around 10,000 miles with a MommaBurt tune and without a bypass filter. I have to sample this one cause i think it turned black a little fast. But this was also the first time I used gear lube in it. And I'm at 45,000 on it so 1st overhead adjustments are about due.

That sounds about right for one if it is much more than 450hp or so.

Mine stays light brown so long because I am a hypermiler and have the engine set for max fuel economy at the expense of more power. I also keep everything in very good shape for it too. A higher hp engine (485+ hp or more) set to burn the fuel too cleanly can actually be kinda risky.

I.E.> There is no "one size fits all" standard or measurement on the oil color. It is like asking "how much rain is too much" when you don't know any of the details of where on the planet it is raining.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would cause black oil in a tuned engine - Rawze - 04-29-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.