Differential lock inop
07-11-2018, (Subject: Differential lock inop ) 
Differential lock inop
So the other day I was getting loaded at a shipper and had to use a loading rack I was unfamiliar with. As I backed in, the trailer tilted just enough that it pulled up the drives on the passenger side of the truck.

According to them, this is a common problem which is why they don't use that rack often.

In any case, with both pairs on the passenger side spinning an inch in the air, I stopped it and turned on the diff lock. It made no difference. I couldn't move even though the driver's side was on the ground...ended up throwing a chock block under the passenger side tires to move the truck.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the diff lock is supposed to lock the drive axle(s) together to share torque out of both axle shafts in an axle. Inter axle lock is supposed to lock the drive axles together (but my truck isn't equipped with that). I'm assuming with one diff lock switch that the lock is for the front drive axle.

I definitely have air to the switch...haven't gotten the truck home yet to investigate much...I'm assuming there is a valve or solenoid that I need to look for that controls this under the truck in the vicinity of the axle?

I want to get this issue fixed. I've not a dedicated local deal going that pays me really well to the truck...and I hardly burn fuel. I don't wanna be that guy who has to call for a tow truck at the shipper, stuck at an angle in front of the scale, that would suck!!!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Differential lock inop - dhirocz - 07-11-2018
RE: Differential lock inop - Unilevers - 07-12-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.