Getting annoyed airing up tires.
07-31-2018, (Subject: Getting annoyed airing up tires. ) 
Getting annoyed airing up tires.
Came up with an idea today, but before I make up one, I want to make sure nobody already makes one. As alot of you know, unless you are using an air source over 150 psi, airing up tires sucks after you get past about 80 psi.

It annoys me and hurts my hands. I know, waa, waa.

Since I am also switching to a 110 psi crossfire on my drives and I run 110 in my steers, I looked at my air hose and air chuck and figured there has to be a better way.

What I'm thinking is of running my gladhand into a small regulator at 110 psi. Put a 1/4 NPT ball valve on it and run it into an air manifold with 5 ports...one with a 125 psi safety valve, the other with a good quality pressure gauge, and the other 3 with air hoses...enough to go to each wheel one one side of the tractor. Put them on with a good quality lock on type air chuck and another small ball valve.

This way I don't take forever airing up, and I can also make sure all my pressures are balanced and exactly the same. Maybe I'm over thinking this, that's what I tend to do, lol...thoughts?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Getting annoyed airing up tires. - dhirocz - 07-31-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.