Another bad crossover valve.
08-09-2018, (Subject: Another bad crossover valve. ) 
Another bad crossover valve.
Had a bad day.

I started having fuel levelling problems dropping down out of WV on 77. Found most of my fuel moved to the passenger side tank. I replaced the valve and ALL fuel hoses last year.

Stopped and transferred fuel to the driver's side tank in Wytheville, removed and cleaned the vents. These were also replaced last year. Had to fight the passenger side to get it back in.

Stopped for fuel in Rock Hill, SC. Found 60 gal in passenger tank, driver's tank on fumes. Then the lift pump quit. Took almost 2 hours to find a bad electrical connection and fix it at the damn fuel island.

Lost 4 hours total, left and found all my fuel in the passenger tank again so I shut it down right down the road.

...aside from having a jacked up day, I replaced this crossover valve once already...and all the lines...and it's doing this again. It's not much more than a tee really...but it insists on returning all of the fuel to the passenger tank. So either this valve failed me again, or I'm missing something.

I'll be taking this back home tomorrow...is there something I may be overlooking here? That valve is basically just a tee with a simple backflow device in it, could that really be doing this?!? Has anyone put in a more simple tee maybe?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Another bad crossover valve. - dhirocz - 08-09-2018
RE: Another bad levelling valve. - Unilevers - 08-09-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.