window problem..
11-17-2018, (Subject: window problem.. ) 
window problem..
Well i thought i'd pass this one on,
So a few weeks ago my passenger window stopped working,it was slowing down and not working right anyway, so i ordered a new regulator and finely got to put it in,but as i'm hooking the plug to it the window go's up....now if you got a KW you know the key has to be on for it to do that..
much to my shock and i know the keys not even in it...So now i had to find out why it did that.
for some time i have been noticing that after i start the truck my amp gauge seemed higher than normal and took longer to charge back up like i had a electrical drain somewhere,this was happening before the window died.
I thought i'd have to start digging into the wires but i don't use this door its may been opened up like 20 to 25 times, so i passed on that and looked at a little box know as the"door control module" this was the problem. and of course KW thinks its made of gold as they want......460.00 $$$ for it:waaaht:... but luck me i know a guy that gets the big fleet discounts. so it was alot cheaper. but still 320 something..
so if your window stops working but you still hear some clicking when you hit the switch it might just be that expensive module,and not the regulator. and if i didn't have it all torn apart i'd would have ordered one online and saved even more.. live and learn :)

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut , Waterloo , rrod

Messages In This Thread
window problem.. - stevesparts - 11-17-2018
RE: window problem.. - Rawze - 11-17-2018,
RE: window problem.. - Rawze - 03-31-2019,
RE: window problem.. - ynot - 03-31-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.