CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock
05-23-2016, (Subject: CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock ) 
RE: CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock
Whenever I make and test a new custom tune, I record a lot of data while test driving several trucks. I record the Charge Inlet and Outlet temps, the fuel flow rate, etc. etc. ...

The differences in an after-market Charge Air Coolers vs factory are obvious right away. The thermal efficiency and flow rate are THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!! factors above all else when trying to squeeze the last bit of performance out of the truck when it comes to the CAC unit. Duralite may be stronger than the factory units, but it is a trade-off. The thicker the walls, etc. the less efficient they become.

Unilevers has had some pretty bad experiences recently with a couple that were so inefficient, that it was actually hard to dial in the correct Turbo mapping,... and the fuel mileage and response of the truck definitely suffered as a result. I suppose on a stock truck only making 6 or 7 mpg, the difference would not be so noticeable, but when your trying to push 8 or 9 mpg out of one,... the difference can be a lot.

The Detroit CAC units, I haven't tested, so I cannot comment on them, but DEFINITELY!!!,... the Duralite coolers are Junk in my book!.

===============

What someone needs to ask ANY After-Market manufacturer of heat exchangers (CAC ot EGR Cooler, or Other-Wise),... is not how "Tough" their product is so much as how "Efficient" it is in BOTH Flow AND Thermal Efficiency!!!! ... AND IF THEY CANNOT SPOUT IT OFF THE TOP OF THEIR HEAD!!!!!! .... THEY ARE MORONS!!!! .... BECAUSE THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS OF ALL!!!

==================

I have had a custom Radiator/CAC Manufacturer recently E-Mail me wanting me to push their products. I replied to them that if they could NOT provide the correct thermal and flow efficiencies to me with a comparison to the Factory Unit,... Then they could go PISS OFF!! ....

They responded back and said they had NO DATA ON THIS!!!,,..... AGAIN!!!!,.... MORONS!!!!

==================

It really burns my Arsse that there are so many companies willing to rip off truck owners with crappy UN-tested products out here. It only drives the cost of what we do up because truck owners are constantly duped by their heavy advertising.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock - 8042 - 05-02-2016,
RE: CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock - Rawze - 05-23-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.