Paccar water seperator
05-08-2016, (Subject: Paccar water seperator ) 
RE: Paccar water seperator
(05-08-2016 )Bigcam3cummins Wrote:  Has anyone had problems with the paccar fuel filter not staying full. I have gone though the fuel system from the filter back to the tanks looking for a restriction or something should I be looking some else?

Hi, I used to sell those davco filters for a living. They are not supposed to be full.
The idea is that the fuel level shows how dirty the filter is, low level and the paper is doing its job and is nice and clean.
As the fuel filters through the paper it slowly " blocks' the paper and the fuel level rises slightly looking for cleaner easier flowing paper to go through.
When it reaches a high level it is time to change the element.
There is usually a black line on the top part saying maximum level, or change filter when it reaches this level.
The way the element is designed allows you to change it and fill the bowl with fuel from the top and you never get dirty fuel on the clean side of the filter.
Most outfits should be able to sell you the correct spanner for undoing the bowl and the top nut, a 2 in one tool .
With older type screw on filters people used to fill them with fuel before fitting them and you get dirty fuel on the clean side.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paccar water seperator - Optimanzltd - 05-08-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.