CM2250/CM2350 Fuel Pump
06-22-2019, (Subject: CM2250/CM2350 Fuel Pump ) 
RE: CM2250/CM2350 Fuel Pump
Ok guys, didn't see the need to beat on a dead horse and start a new thread on this. Finally got around to breaking into the fuel pump and inspecting and replacing the tappets (rollers)...

- Just as a refresher, its a cm2350 with a 2/16 build date.

From start to finish, took me roughly 2.5hrs. This is my first time doing this and I'm particular about inspecting everything as well as putting everything back its factory location - i.e. clips, zip ties, or any other securing mechanism. I'm sure people who are familiar can easily shave off 30-45min. BTW, this was done on a 13' Cascdia which is a PITA to say the least (Rawze, FBK...you know what I'm talking about lol).

I was pleasantly surprised to see the condition of the items that were removed. This pump has about 294k miles currently and after reading horror story after horror story, I did not want to sit on my a$$ with this issue. The pump didn't have any broken paint on any of the bolts, so I don't think it was opened up. I also called Cummins (before purchasing) to see if there was any warranty work done....which according to them, there wasn't.

So, inspected thoroughly the condition of the pump bores, cam, the steel plungers (along with smooth movement), springs and contact surfaces, as well as the effortless movement of the new tappets once installed into the pump. (Make sure you orient the alignment pins correctly before installing the tappets. Check for the free movement once installed and be sure they will not rotate. No binding should be felt. Be sure they are fully seated in the bores) What was interesting was that the old tappets were actually the new design (again this is a early 2016 build date). They most likely could've went much further as they seem to be in great shape for the miles ...I'm sure those who do this on a regular can confirm the condition.

Everything went back together smoothly and she fired up with no issues so far - fingers crossed. Point being, if you're on the fence about knocking this out, you need to jump off and get it done. Take your time and it should be nice and straight-forward. Between this site and QuickServe, you will have all the tools you need to get it done. Hopefully these new tappets will give me another problem free 300k!

Here's the PN's I used:

4359134 - Tappet (x2)
2872513 - Headgasket
3963990 - Sealing washer (x2)
3963988 - Sealing washer (x2)

* These are a few pics of the rollers that were removed. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod , Waterloo , Old Driver

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM2250/CM2350 Fuel Pump - Unilevers - 05-12-2019,
RE: CM2250/CM2350 Fuel Pump - Unilevers - 05-26-2019,
RE: CM2250/CM2350 Fuel Pump - Unilevers - 05-27-2019,
RE: CM2250/CM2350 Fuel Pump - Unilevers - 06-06-2019,
RE: CM2250/CM2350 Fuel Pump - SquareOne - 06-22-2019
RE: CM2250/CM2350 Fuel Pump - Unilevers - 04-08-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.