1st time truck purchase
05-27-2019, (Subject: 1st time truck purchase ) 
1st time truck purchase
Hello everyone. Im fairly new to truckin but i like what iam doin and im not planning to be a slave to one of those mega companies. However i will do my time to get my experience but then i would like to proceed and purchase my own truck. Iam on the flatbed side and enjoy it. Im independent and a fast learner. I have read Rawze book just to get some insight and to be aware of the basic responsibilities and expectancies. Well im lookin for some advice from those who do have experience in this field regarding what truck would be suitable. Just to get some basic ideas ahead of time. I wanted to stick with flatbed general freight and would be looking to operate everything within from mid-west to the east side. I prefer to work on my own vehicles so i thought it would be smarter to look for something older having less electronics. Everything i have come up with is based SOLEY on what i have HEARD or been TOLD. So yea here we go. I thought about a detroit 60 12.7 L since from what i HEARD they SUPPOSEDLY get a decent fuel milage and SUPPOSEDLY are reliable. I have HEARD freighliner century are reliable in particular the 2007 and since they somewhat aero the fuel milage was said to be decent. I also thought about pre emission (i been told this would be a great to have) like a old fld classic xl or 379 i know they are not very aerodynamic nor the best on fuel but i figure maybe the fuel milage would not be tooooo bad with a 12.7L engine since i usually easy on the throttle and do not drive faster than a 58mph. Well what yall have to say. All objective input is appreciated. If my ideas suck just say it the way it is im not gettin my feelings hurt
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
1st time truck purchase - dilusidrisib - 05-27-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.