1st time truck purchase
05-27-2019, (Subject: 1st time truck purchase ) 
RE: 1st time truck purchase
don't shoot yourself in the big toe before the race. your post shouts loudly in between the lines, the same typical ignorance in our trucking industry and what is wrong with mis-guided social-media banter.

an old '07 Columbia w S60 and decent set of rears (3.70's and not those stupid tall geared garbage being sold these days) is not a bad choice, though there are more efficient and more modern things out there. You won't like the fact that the S60 was lazy on its bottom end, but they were certainly money-makers if they weren't turned up in HP, left stock, and well cared for.

The other trucks you mentioned -- well... just don't go there ... just don't! (the shooting yourself in the big toe scenario).

As someone who has been in this game a while, I can tell you what i would do if i started form nothing again...

I would get a prostar or cascadia with a CM871 ISX (2007 - 2011 cummins engines with only DPF and not that DEF fluid crap). - There has been nothing in the past, and nothing since that has been able to touch them in efficiency and long term profitability to date, but only if a person is willing to mold that engine into this state. Some say they are the last of the true built-for-million-miles engines out there.

It would have to have good rears in it,.. 3.55's is tallest I would accept,.. or better yet 3.79's or even 3.90's.

Sleeper would have to match the height of the average trailer.load height for best efficiency.

Then spend about $6000 or so getting the thing road worthy again, as you can be assured that nothing you buy from anyone is going to be ready to stick a trailer on it without some serious work to it first.

but that is just me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dilusidrisib

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st time truck purchase - Rawze - 05-27-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.