1st time truck purchase
05-27-2019, (Subject: 1st time truck purchase ) 
RE: 1st time truck purchase
The 2 freightshaker options with s60 wouldnt be too terrible of a purchase as they can be purchased cheap but the fld is not an aero truck and u can expect a loss in mpg and the 379 while nice to look at is overpriced. Like rawze said u can get newer trucks with newer engines for decent prices (and banks will look at newer truck where many will give u a flat no on old stuff). For example an 11' 871 powered prostar. They are cheap due to navistars pos engine that gave them a bad name. Spacious trucks both cab and sleeper, aerodynamic and parts are reasonably priced. The electronic gremlins can be worked out and worked around. The 871 engine after a visit to one of rawze's selected shops is a solid long lasting workhorse that can get great fuel mileage if u drive right (in other words dont turn it up to 600 and try to kill it). Rear ends. 3.55-3.73 for 80k lbs loads. I have one with a 3.36 and had to put a 13 speed in it just to make it drivable with the heavy crap i haul. My newer truck has a 3.36 with a 10 speed and is absolutely miserable to drive and is torture on the engine because of the 500 rpm gap between gears. (This 10 will also be swapped when i have the $). Id look around at the '10-'11 year models of either prostar or cascadias with an 871 under the hood. These commonnrails with their fuel pumps may put me in bankruptcy court. Petes are prty but overpriced and dont make ya any more $
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dilusidrisib , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st time truck purchase - smorgan87 - 05-27-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.