Cm 870 cry for help
08-01-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
Cm 870 cry for help
Hey there i know I have posted about this before but I couldn't find the old thread and I've had some new Info...I've got a 2007 Pete 386 with a cm 870 in it this engine is a basket case and have been having trouble with it I should start by saying that this engine is not the engine that came in the truck the guy I bought the truck from took it in to get the original engine inframed they did the inframe it ran for 5k miles then it threw a rod thru the block....so they told him they would find a block and redo do it. well a year went by and nothing so finally they found a pullout that supposedly had 250k on it and that is what is in there now. Another problem is I have no clue what the esn is for this engine because the sticker on the valve cover is all messed up looks like it was burnt off in a fire and ive been told they didn't stamp the block on these. The other problem is that I'm about 99 percent sure they used all the stuff off the other engine and swapped it all over ecm, turbo, ect. Also the guy that I bought it from told me he had the other motor "d3l3ted" years before the inframe so here is the question if they reused the old ecm without reflashing it for the engine they put in could it be possible that the tuning is trash and causing problems or maybe it worked for the other motor but not this one needs different tune bassed on the esn I don't have? I had been having a hot start issue when you would run the truck down the road and shut it off you had to let the truck cool down before it would crank to start I found that there is a rubber boot on the tube that goes around the back of the engine for the egr and it has a huge hole in it and was blowing soot directly onto the starter along with abunch of other holes in that that thing so I unplugged egr valve in closed spot for now and am putting a expandable freeze plug in the intake to deal with that for the time being so that i won't have the soot blowing out there and in several other places on that tube and the freeze plug keeps me from loosing boost from same holes. It stumbles awful at startup never really idles "smooth" gets terrible fuel mileage and I just did exhaust manifold gaskets had 3 blown out and a blown out turbo/ manifold gasket I replaced with the metal gaskets and tourqed manifold bolts to 45ft lbs and the turbo studs to 75ft lbs I don't know how to check these vgt turbos to see if they are any good the endplay in the impellers was fine but the cross shaft is leaking oil how do I check that to see whats up there? I am trying to get this damn thing ironed out without insite and it's driving me wild where can I get that insite and adapters that I'll need without breaking the bank and what do I even need? Any and all help is greatly appreciated thanks you guys
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cm 870 cry for help - SIDE_SHOW - 08-01-2019
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-01-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-03-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-09-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - ynot - 09-15-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.