Coolant level sensor
09-05-2019, (Subject: Coolant level sensor ) 
RE: Coolant level sensor
(09-05-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  How did you correct the crappy connection? If you simply put another fresh butt connector on then your doomed to have intermittent problems.

ALL 5v circuits need to be properly SOLDERED at very least. 12v doesn't have this noticable problem but 5v sensor circuits drop voltage randomly. These are sensitive circuits. Butt connectors and other simple repairs cause very fast voltage drops. So fast that sometimes you won't see the through Insite and Cterm unless you spend a lit of time staring at them to catch it happening.

I did not know this. It was a solder connector heat shrink? Before the repair I had horrible intermittent issues. Replaced the sensor worked fine few days then back to same intermittent crap. Traced the wires to a splice they made with the little blue connectors that has the push tab to tie in another wire. Cut all that crap out ran new wires and that solder connector. I wanted to replace the pigtail but nobody had one in stock. No one issue with it until today. Started out a pretty steady check engine light. Then went off couple times then just stayed on. Haven’t had issue with that in months. Still think that would be the issue?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolant level sensor - Soulreaver0102 - 09-05-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.