cm870 bad flash
10-07-2019, (Subject: cm870 bad flash ) 
RE: cm870 bad flash
This is not a tuning forum. However I will give u some hints, assuming what your doing is in a foreign country where what ur doing is legal ...

Some things to know about 870, generalized info only here. NO I am not going to provide instruction or step by step. Your on your own to figure that part out or u can PM forum member 'running rough', he works with them regularly.

first of all, caltterm (all versions) corrupts 870 files as soon as you hit the save button during a file edit. - Backed up files using CT also have a bunch of missing data that gets lost when u take a backup. If the file ur trying to use has been edited by CT, or was a backup using CT, heavy editing by hand of the flash file is needed to put back the missing data to prevent the common problems like it having permanent silent derates, running hot, or worse yet, suddenly not communicating (becoming a brick), or the dash of truck not working properly, etc. - this is very well known about them,a dn CT tears up the programming quite badly sometimes, and it is very unpredictable when one of these symptoms or more are going to happen.

Also, if your trying to do a de-mandate(dele.) then some parameters are not even located in the flash file itself at all, but only in ram memory (hence a silent derate + other problems after delete file is used)and have to be set while connected live and ecu is in edit mode. This is one of the bigger reason why 870 have so many people who make bad del. program for them. Some of the key settings are not even in the flash file at all.

-- If it will not communicate on the CAN1, then try CAN2 and a "weather-pack" connector + J1939-only. <- I have played around with a couple of them and bricked them thoroughly and royally on purpose, with failed uploads, corrupt files, bad data connections, popping the plug during flash, etc. just to see what the fuss was about / see what it would take to recover one if things like that happened ... but have never had to resort to a bench harness to get it back working. There are some tricks to getting it recovered although it seems that it is bricked.

If u can get to identify as device 0 (its default address) by whatever means necessary on CAN1 or (usually)CAN2, all a person needs to do is force it back into run mode and flash it again. Trouble is that the file needs to not be missing chunks of data when u do so or u be right back where u started.

more related info: https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...8#pid72118

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
cm870 bad flash - togglehiem - 10-06-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Rawze - 10-07-2019
RE: cm870 bad flash - Unilevers - 10-07-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Rawze - 10-07-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Unilevers - 10-07-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Rawze - 10-07-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.