Low fuel economy
10-19-2019, (Subject: Low fuel economy ) 
RE: Low fuel economy
(10-19-2019 )SquareOne Wrote:  The auto trans is certainly going to hinder fuel mileage -no surprise there-, but if Im reading it right, you're saying the MPG was greater at 70 than when you slowed down? Just because you slowed a little won't translate to better economy unless you're in the correct gear. Top gear @ lower RPM and full load is going to be much worse on fuel and components than less load on the engine through dropping a gear or 2 in order to compensate for the weight you're hauling and terrain you're going through.

Could you post your specs (i.e. rear ratio and tire size). Driving habits are a HUGE contributor to fuel mileage, and although I'm still new to this, it's taken me the last 65k to get to the point I'm at now with still plenty to learn.

- Otherwise you have a unicorn that defies the laws of physics...
No it started doing this long before I slowed down lol I would be happy to run 70 and get 1 to 1.5 mpg better haha if only it was that simple
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Low fuel economy - Keving - 10-18-2019,
RE: Low fuel economy - Keving - 10-19-2019
RE: Low fuel economy - Magard - 10-19-2019,
RE: Low fuel economy - Mattman - 10-19-2019,
RE: Low fuel economy - Magard - 10-19-2019,
RE: Low fuel economy - Keving - 10-19-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.