Cab air bag springs install on International.
06-23-2016, (Subject: Cab air bag springs install on International. ) 
RE: Cab air bag springs install on International.
(06-23-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  
(06-22-2016 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I've seen the local kw dealer charge close to $800 to swap the cab shock on a W900 daycab. Definitely something you want to do if you have the trans and driveline out. On a KW I've found it easier to pull the whole cab ride assembly to change it. Usually the shock bolts freeze, can be a nitemare. Pete's are cake. All external. Those are what I usually work on if it helps anyone

That just pisses me off how they get away with robbery.

My set up has those ride cab assembly with the 2 shocks and 2 air springs in there. I think it rides good. There has to be a simple way to jack and remove the whole assembly.

I'm going to replace those 2 shocks in there soon. So I'll be trying to figure out a shortcut for them too.

I think some of the Petes and KW trucks were originally designed for owner operators. It seems that way to me, because they have the air dryers, tanks, cab air springs, batteries and numerous other truck items positioned around the truck with easy access for a DIY owner operator.

It's ridiculous in today's world what a owner op has to go through to learn to work on his own truck.

Nevertheless, it's an absolute. You should learn everything you can about your truck/equipment.

When I went to boot camp, I had to learn every piece of the M16, take it apart and put it back together in the dark on a timed test. If you don't know your weapon you don't stand a chance on the battlefield.

I think truck owners should do the same, even if you can't in frame your truck atleast tinker and learn and repair some of things needed on your equipment.

I don't know how much robbery it was. If the bolts were froze up. And the shock bolts usually are. I could see the job sucking up a day. I do know the truck had over the frame exhaust, and a hydraulic system on it, as well as a big driveline. It can get real busy underneath one of these things. I'm quite sure the tech earned every bit of his pay.
I think a long hood 389 Pete is the easiest truck you can work on. Followed by a W900.

Hats off to you Military Men. Thanks for your service
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cab air bag springs install on International. - Rig Wrench - 06-23-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.