Who knows what an 870 egr cummins long block goes for these days ?
12-24-2019, (Subject: Who knows what an 870 egr cummins long block goes for these days ? ) 
RE: Who knows what an 870 egr cummins long block goes for these days ?
(12-17-2019 )akwman Wrote:  So as the classic story goes , bought a used truck . I took a chance like everyone else , I got a few miles down ,did the oil sample thing went through it one issue at a time . I figured it was definetly time to do the rods and mains not knowing the true history . Oh all good till we got to
#1 bearing . It looks like something got in the oil journal and chewed up the bearing and the crank , no emery clothing it out . So its a 565 870 egr . It ran like a top and really never missed a beat for the season I ran it . Who might know what kind of money I am looking at for a cummins reman drop in complete engine from cummins . I am not sure which way to go its got 20800 hours on it . Suggestions would be appreciated . Yes I plan on keeping it now and Im not looking for headaches later .

Cummins makes 3 different sizes of rod / main bearings for the ISX. - All someone has to do is have the crank machined to the next smaller size and use the matching over-sized bearings that cummins makes for it. - they offer them for just this reason, and it is not unusual for an ISX to come brand new right from the factory where one (or more) of the journals this has been replaced with one of the over-sized bearings, it is well known.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who knows what an 870 egr cummins long block goes for these days ? - Rawze - 12-24-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.