Fault code 2754 - 2011 KW T660
11-02-2016, (Subject: Fault code 2754 - 2011 KW T660 ) 
RE: Fault code 2754 - 2011 KW T660
(11-01-2016 )Houser Wrote:  Hey, I'm currently having the same problem with about 10+ of my trucks. All ISX 15 cummins. We have replaced DPFs, pressure sensors and lines. Cleaned intake sensors and EGR pressure sesnors. Nothing seems to be working. We have sent trucks to our local Kenworth and they have soent time trying to figure them out and can not seem to fix it. We are spending $2000-3000 at a time and need to figure out why this code won't go away.

It is excess soot problems (or sensors sending data to the ECM telling it is making too much soot) ...

I seriously doubt you ever get a decent solution from a stealership over excess soot problems. it is like asking them to solve low fuel mileage problems. they just aren't trained to actually troubleshoot something but instead, keep repeating the same procedures at YOUR EXPENSE, wasting your time and money on replacing expensive components. That is what they are trained for and are brainwashed into doing!. Solving actual engine problems where something is not fallen off the engine, leaking oil badly, or has destroyed itself is NOT in their training.

* START by doing an injector leak test on the truck(s) and cylinder cut-out tests. Ensure you have no leaky injector(s) or rail.

* ENSURE the overhead valve adjustment is correct! -- I can't tell you how many stealerships that I have seen adjust the valves WRONG on these engines!. Since you are having excess soot issues, ensure the valve cam has not slipped either!.

* Perform EGR tune-ups (replacing Doser, IMAP, EGR Delta-P, Exhaust BP sensor, etc,etc.etc. and pressure test the engine (not just the CAC) to ensure there are no boost or exhaust leaks.

* Remove and clean out the EGR piping and EGR valve, and inspect it for proper operation, etc.

* Pressure test the coolant system and ensure NO COOLANT is getting into the engine or emissions systems via a leaky component like the Doser injector, EGR cooler, bad gaskets/liners, etc.

* CHECK THE DAMN VALVE GUIDE SEALS!!! -- They are notorious for leaking and plugging up DPF filters on the CM2250/CM2350 engines. Remove the exhaust manifold and look for wet exhaust valves.

* DO A TURBO INSPECTION and check its movement etc. while you have the exhaust manifold off. Re-calibrate THE RIGHT WAY like my video shows when re-installing it.

* TAKE LOOSE the Doser injector pipe off the back of the turbo and crank the truck to see if the Doser injector is not leaky/getting wet with fuel or coolant while the truck is running.

* Remove and TAKE PICTURES of the face of the DOC AND DPF cans and post them on here when they are throwing the code(s). Take close-up shots of anything that has built up on their faces too, and scratch at it with something soft if there is build-up to see what it could be.

* CLEAN OUT and inspect the Delta-P sensor for the DPf and clean out the injector for the SCR system.

* REPLACE ALL of the NOX Sensors (I think there is 3 of them) if they are more than 150k miles old! -- They only read correctly for about 200k miles max, then they start throwing EVERYTHING off in the engine from timing issues to soot problems long before they actually start throwing codes.

* Inspect and ensure the decomp tube is not clogged up. It is very common for them to get a "volcano" in them. ( LINK: The 2250 Volcano ).

* MAKE DAMN SURE!!! -- YOU ARE USING THE FACTORY PROGRAM MADE FOR YOUR TRUCK -- And that someone DID NOT change the power in the truck!. This can be VERY PROBLEMATIC for a lot of trucks when some moron changes the factory program to a higher HP one and then the result is that the program was not designed for that model truck and CAC, exhaust, etc!. In the end, you very often get repeated emissions issues that no one can explain.

====================

The alternate solution is to have the MM-2 program in them and be done with it, but 9 times out of 10,.. IT IS THE ENGINE THAT IS USUALLY THE PROBLEM!!! CAUSING ALL THE EMISSIONS SYSTEM ISSUES! -- And those problems STILL HAVE TO BE FIXED if you want a decent running truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fault code 2754 - 2011 KW T660 - Rawze - 11-02-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.