Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions
06-28-2016, (Subject: Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions ) 
Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions
So today I had the actuator off the turbo, and the arm cycles freely fully through its range, both obvious and using the gauge. It is squeaky as it moves throughout the range but it is smooth, there are no hang-ups or tough/sticky spots as it swings.
Should the turbo be replaced or is it fine for now?
Yes I have Insite/Inline so I did the proper install and calibration following instructions and every step/test passed.

Also since the turbo had no obvious failure I didn't remove it at this time, so I drilled and tapped the pyro port aft of the turbo, question regarding these GlowShift pyro's; they come with the probe radiused to 90*, can I un-bend it some for nice smooth wire running without destroying the probe? I assume so, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else has done this and had issues? I'd like to run it up to and along the lines above the engine than parallel along the exhaust pipe.
As per Rawze's advise I will be ordering a second sending unit to clamp directly to the manifold/turbo mating surface and putting it on a switch to see which I prefer or just to have both options..
./uploads/201606/post_2077_1467087572_65ed5c0820f544166a0eec260f3ba5da.jpeg

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions - Hammerhead - 06-28-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.