Broken exhaust manifold bolt CM870
01-15-2020, (Subject: Broken exhaust manifold bolt CM870 ) 
Broken exhaust manifold bolt CM870

I found this nice surprise yesterday. I plan on hanging a new manifold and turbo + all attaching hoses and lines when I get to pulling it apart. I do see a little oil residue around the port but I'm hoping its nothing to worry about.

What is the best approach to extracting the broken stud? I can't say I'm any good at extracting bolts and this one I just dont want to get in deeper than I have to. It is #6 and the hardest to get to. I have a mig welder with stick capabilities. I also have drill, grinders and various extractors. The approach I want to do is to stick weld a nut to the stud and turn it out. Is this the best 1st approach? Any finesse tips from the guys that do them more frequently?

Also when I get a new manifold, I'd like to know if there is a manifold part number that doesn't have the EGR port being I don't have EGR on this truck anymore. I want to eliminate having to use the blocking plate. But I still need the tube for the exhaust pressure sensor in the correct place.

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Broken exhaust manifold bolt CM870 - Chamberpains - 01-15-2020
RE: Broken exhaust manifold bolt CM870 - Unilevers - 01-15-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.