Clay in the carrier...
01-16-2020, (Subject: Clay in the carrier... ) 
Clay in the carrier...
I have a 2012 Pete 587 and a couple unrelated questions.

First off I finally got me a glowshift boost gauge, getting ready to install it in a day or so. Watched Rawze's installation video and was wondering if anyone has any advice as to a good location to tap into for the wiring on this tractor? Any other tips from people with similar trucks?

Second, got a lube/oil/filter PM done the yesterday at TA and the tech said the only issue he found was clay in the carrier bearing. I was like, what? Clay? No, no, no, Play. Oh, ok... So it's very minimal but looks like it's time to address that. So, 2 questions...

1) does anyone know, or know how I can find out, the correct parts to get? Peterbilt is usually more expensive then anywhere else, but they also don't like to give out part info. There's a fleet pride nearby but they can't usually look up parts without the numbers. Haven't felt any vibration yet so I should have time to shop around for the best deal.

2) what other parts do I need to replace besides the bearing? I saw ppl mention the Pinion Nut, anything else?

3) what other parts should be serviced at the same time?

I'm still fairly new to servicing my own truck. The biggest hurdles have been identifying and sourcing parts and learning the proper procedures to follow. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Clay in the carrier... - JimT - 01-16-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.