Sensor cleaning/replacement
02-19-2020, (Subject: Sensor cleaning/replacement ) 
RE: Sensor cleaning/replacement
I put a round of them in every year to 1.5 years. That's exhaust back pressure sensor, IMAP, and now the barometric pressure sensor because I found that stupid thing reading all over the place.

Pressure sensors may read fine at low pressures but can be inaccurate during operation. They are mechanical sensors. They have microscopic moving parts that can read inaccurately somewhere in there full range of movement. Its tough to see these little imperfections or calculate them when monitoring them. But the ECM does this real well and I want it to have near to flawless data at all times so it can always do its job the way its programmed. So they get changed so I don't have to worry about them as much for another full year or so.

The temp sensors I'll monitor with Insite and make sure they're reading within reason when the engine is cold compared to ambient temps and then again what they should normally reading under normal operating temp. Anything too fishy looking and they get tossed without hesitation.

Thats only a couple hundred dollars a year. It only takes a couple thousand miles of lower MPG's from them reading incorrectly to easily justify doing this.

I also change air filters 3 times a year for the same reason.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sensor cleaning/replacement - Chamberpains - 02-19-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.