Removing DPF for DIY clean
03-10-2020, (Subject: Removing DPF for DIY clean ) 
RE: Removing DPF for DIY clean
(03-09-2020 )Jorg81 Wrote:  The way I saw was a guy on YouTube and he did it with just water with a pressure sprayer. He said his shop has been doing it this way with success. Maybe it's not the best though. It's hard to know, but it doesn't seem like water would be destructive.

The very mega-fleet I haul freight for has more than 2,000 trucks... They started trying out liquid cleaning processes + drying to ensure no moisture, etc. was left behind. They were thinking they were going to get ahead of their DPF issues and save million of $$$ on it by investing in the equipment. They deeply regretted all of their attempts after a several months. It cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in DPF and/or DOC element replacements because all of the trucks that any sort of liquid cleaning agent or method that was used. Those those trucks were having 2x more regen issues, and many were failing regens like mad. The DPF was on average about twice as weak, etc. after only one or 2 washings, and nearly 3-4x as many issues and breakdowns after a couple more cleanings on most of them. -- Yeah, they learned the hard way just like most every one else that cleaning them with a pressure washer or by any other liquid means was complete and total bulls$it!.

One of the other mechanics at their shop there jumped in on the conversation that I was having at that time and said to me "Each time we got them wet with any liquids of any type, ... they got weaker. " You could even see sparkles of the precious metals in the over-wash. All we had were headaches after a few cleanings and trucks that would not stay out of a repair shop... even though most were still under warranty". "It was killing our up-time real fast".

I don't say what I do because I am a nay-sayer -- THERE IS SERIOUS MERIT BEHIND IT!

I have heard similar stories by many people who have done this same horse-sh$it and convinced themselves that it would somehow working in the short term too.

ANY KIND OF LIQUID RUINS THEM IN A HURRY!

You need the proper hi-temp oven, de-ash, and flow-test machines. something like this one: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid50975

Most stealers$its charge a few hundred bucks to clean them if you bring them in by themselves. - that is the best way to heave them cleaned and tested ... using proper equipment.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , Pd6cas2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing DPF for DIY clean - Rawze - 03-10-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.