2014 KW W9 Requiring Manual Regen Every Day!??
03-15-2020, (Subject: 2014 KW W9 Requiring Manual Regen Every Day!?? ) 
2014 KW W9 Requiring Manual Regen Every Day!??
Hello, I just went owner/operator a month ago. I purchased a 2014 Kenworth W900B. It has so far, eaten me out of house and home, if you will...!!!

But from reading some posts on this site, I see that this emissions CRAP is doing the dirty deeds on a lot of us drivers trying to make some good money. :@

I have put about $6000 into this truck so far and see that another $20,000 will be needed and more down the line.

Let me get to the current issue and ten I can explain some things...

Currently, my truck has been requiring a manual regen between 300 - 400 miles. This for me is Every Day!! The cost for this is $200 - $300 every time, depending on who is doing it.

This in itself is stressing me out badly, not to mention all the other issues that it has.

HOW can I stop this issues dead in its tracks before I run it off a cliff and go back company?
(Not that I ever want to go company again) 8-/

I took the truck to Bosselman's in Utah and they put it on the computer and it had various Inactive faults and required manual regen. While it was in regen, they said all the data looked
good and DPF was good and they couldn't find anything wrong. They also checked the truck over and said nothing was wrong in this regard. THEN WHY THE HELL is it requiring a manual regen every freaking day??

I will say this...
I bought this truck blindly and had to put money down on it before seeing it or the dealer was going to send it to auction. At this point, I really WISHED he had sent it to the auction.

I worked as a company driver for Crete Carrier and they would Not give me time off to go look for a truck. I wanted a W9 and nothing else. I tried getting funding from MANY lenders and one came through for me and said they would loan me up to 60K. So, I searched the net high and low for 2 months. All I found were heavily used trucks with beat up interiors and over a million miles.

Then...
I was about to give up (wished I had, now...) and then one day I took another look at the Truck Paper online and this truck came up. It looked super nice, like it had just rolled off the showroom floor! The interior was also spotless. So I thought... the mechanical's had to have been taken care of , as well. Well... NOT the case and didn't find this out until AFTER I put 15k down on the truck. The dealer said I could walk away from the truck but he takes 10% of the price. This dealer which I WILL mention, in hopes others will stay AWAY from is: BJ Truck Sales out of Farley, Iowa who is also SIMON Trucking.

I had a Crete mechanic go through the truck and he told me this truck looked like it sat in water for a couple of years. Everything underneath is so rusted out. But the dealer took it and painted the entire under carriage gloss black, covering up a lot of issues.

One thing this truck has got going for itself is it was a heavy haul spec'ed truck with dual walled frame. So, the rust it has is not really a factor for the frame. But other things it is.

The mechanic told me the tranny is so rusted out that he recommended I get a reman and install it with a brand new clutch, that it needs.

The biggest BUMMER about this truck is it has 430 gears in the pumpkins! 1750 rpm's at 65 mph!! I had asked the Jerk sales guy several times over the phone to tell me the gear ratio... he would always try to blow it off and one time he said he didn't know. When I finally arrived to see the truck I saw in the door jam it said 4:30 gear ratio. What an A$$ to keep that from me!
But he IS the "Classic Used Car Salesman" that everyone knows about or has experienced at one time or another.

This story goes much deeper... but I really need to fix the issues quickly, especially this regen issue of I'm going to have to shut the doors on my O/O adventure.

I'm currently getting 4.5 mpg and ranges up to 5.0 if I drive it well and not go through the mountains with heavy loads. But Crete keeps giving me 40,000 pound or more loads. Though THAT is also a problem. I usually end up over weight and have to take to a terminal to t-call the load. I almost got caught one time though the spirits were looking down on me and the weigh station was Closed (which is rare for this weigh station). I was 4000 pounds over when I got to a CAT scale to weigh!! So now I told Crete NO loads over 40k or I will need to leave. They don't like that.

Not to mention, I'm running 11R 24.5" tires and makes the trailer sit up higher. I try to stay on the interstates as much as possible and ALWAYS watch the bridge signs for height.

I want to swap gears eventually and put 24.5" Low Pros on.

Well, I will leave it at this for now... PLEASE help me get this truck running without all these regen's so I can actually MAKE some money! I told Crete, who I ended up leasing on to that I am now going into indefinite home-time as I will NOT take this truck back out until I get it working correctly. But I cannot sit for too long as I am running low on funds. 8-/
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2014 KW W9 Requiring Manual Regen Every Day!?? - Trucker Ron - 03-15-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.