EGR Tune up results
08-09-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
RE: EGR Tune up results
(08-09-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  as a licensed cvip inspector in your home base..

i have the rules and have seen the rules up to 2020 and they CLEARLY STATE the system must have the physical appearance of stock but does not have to be tested and functioning. The reasoning behind this is that by testing its function puts the shop/tech in a tough position because they have to have the software/tools to do it (lets be honest they are not going to do that), have no way of actually testing its performance(gas testing, etc) and would make the shop somewhat liable if they break a functioning system.

this will probably never come to be part of the CVIP program, but i know it is not before atleast 2020.

I know you are, and I've been hoping you would chime in on this.
Our shop gave me the latest rules as well, so I know it is generally a fear tactic on the dealers behalf. However it is a fear tactic that works, as two of our guys have bought new trucks this year, which as you are aware of our current economic state, is probably not the best idea right now. One of them is freaking out right now as he hasn't turned a wheel in four weeks and counting! Panic sells, and some panicked people will not listen to logic.
That is why I have been sloooowly purchasing the necessary parts. I still don't have them all, and am in no rush to get them.

As far as making a shop liable if a functioning system fails while they are testing it, we both know how easily warranty claims are denied and that many (not all, some have integrity) will just say "Well it was just a matter of time before it failed, and it's your problem not ours".
A few lawsuits may create a backlash from some smaller shops, but you know as well as I do that once a regulation is put in place, it's very hard to have it overturned...and the current provincial pseudo-commie party is the type that worries me. uh em, New Carbon Tax starting soon, with diesel getting a noticeable increase...

I don't think or hope it's going to happen, but I'd rather be prepared with my own personal inventory than be stuck on back-order due to a mad rush on parts, along with a large all-at-once bill.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
EGR Tune up results - trdodd07 - 07-09-2016,
RE: EGR Tune up results - Cuya - 07-09-2016,
RE: EGR Tune up results - ynot - 07-10-2016,
RE: EGR Tune up results - Cuya - 08-10-2016,
RE: EGR Tune up results - Unilevers - 08-09-2016,
RE: EGR Tune up results - Hammerhead - 08-09-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.