Did my new turbo take a dump?
07-11-2016, (Subject: Did my new turbo take a dump? ) 
Did my new turbo take a dump?
Alright, getting ready to take off for the week... Pop the hood, doing my normal pre trip, oil is good, underside is nice and dry, get up, walk over to the passenger side and see an oily mist on the red rubber boots coming off the CAC, it is on both of them, as there are two in line... I remove the intake from the CAC and from the turbo only to find a pool of oil in the CAC. I have yet to pull off the exhaust side, will do that in a few minutes, already into the beer... PISSED!

And yes, the turbo is warrantied. But, it will be a day or two to get it in to the shop...

The other day, I did hear a whistle coming from the turbo twice, but could not be certain that is where it was coming from... But, just incase, I have been keeping an eye on it, watching my boost, etc.

Now this... Any thoughts?

And I have been under the hood to make certain all of my clamps are tight, etc., since the in frame. I know things can work lose after such major surgery. Trying to keep a close eye on things.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Did my new turbo take a dump? - Waterloo - 07-11-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.