Air conditioning issues 2015 ProStar
04-28-2020, (Subject: Air conditioning issues 2015 ProStar ) 
RE: Air conditioning issues 2015 ProStar
(04-26-2020 )smorgan87 Wrote:  The years are off on how the hvac is designed. The 11s i know have a txv and thermisters. Ive looked prty close on my 15 and can cant find a damn thermister anywhere (not saying it doesnt exist, just i havent found one). On my 11 model truck i unplugged the thermisters and power the compressor off a toggle switch. The problem? I have no freeze protection or over pressure protection. The existing high psi sensor and computer cycles the fan fine with the thermisters unplugged. But without a low psi switch it will freeze up and without a high psi cutout it can blow off refrigerant and send ur 300$ compressor to the scrap pile.
Offered as a rough guide only and to give a thumbnail of three systems. Exact rollover dates varies between models in the NGV family. i.e. DuraStars, WorkStars and ProStars. This gets more messed up. Service Info (SI) is usually based on calendar years. Vehicles are titled based on model year and are usually referred to by model year. All OEM's do this but Navistar is especially crazy. A build date of say Jan. 04 2010 will show 2011 on the title. I believe this is done for the big fleets, especially rental. They gain a year of use. 5 years out in 2015 they then advertise and sell as a 2011. Buyers think its a 4 year old truck. Look at your build date on the door vs. what your title says.
If your don't see any thermistors as shown in the pictures then you have the third system. Location of the thermistors in the first and second systems are slightly different but in the same general area.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air conditioning issues 2015 ProStar - DVT873 - 04-28-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.