Fuel filter gauge shows restriction sometimes
04-26-2020, (Subject: Fuel filter gauge shows restriction sometimes ) 
RE: Fuel filter gauge shows restriction sometimes
It should not run crappy unless the fuel pressure is falling off. Is the fuel pressure falling off?

Maybe its also sucking air somewhere?.

Then again, if there is a large enough restriction in a fitting or housing or soemthing, could be cavitation in the circuit, allowing for bubbles. Would have to be fairly significant a restriction though. Collapsed line, piece of gasket or something up in the housing, etc.etc.

- just some thouhts on it.

Might also eliminate possibility of air problems in the system too while your at it. Do an overhear valve adjustment followed by an injector leak test ...

-- After that, perhaps pressurize the fuel tanks to 10 psi and let it sit for hour or so .. look for leaks in the fuel lines and circuits. Could also put the feed line to the IFSM into a bucket and pressurize the tanks ... see if you are getting air bubbles in the fuel as it is forced thru the lines out the tanks (testing for cracked pick-up tubes).

-- more guesses...
Also, there is a check valve at the electric fuel pump (sometimes there is also a screen on some of the older models). - It often goes bad and gets trash in it. Could be that it needs cleaning and/or replacement too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , Bigstank , redbeard

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel filter gauge shows restriction sometimes - Rawze - 04-26-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.