Fuel filter gauge shows restriction sometimes
04-26-2020, (Subject: Fuel filter gauge shows restriction sometimes ) 
RE: Fuel filter gauge shows restriction sometimes
How often has it been happening and when did it start? Is it consistent? Do you do mainly run highway, off-road, or both? Anything different about the areas of travel you are going into?

Reason I ask ---- I remember about 12yrs ago when I was a heavy equip operator, the material we were pushing around was wreaking havoc on fuel systems and air filters. The material was such a fine powder that it literally would sneak its way into the tanks with just the typical expansion / contraction from the temperature changes. Filters would clog rapidly and the elements would 'look' fine since the material was neutral colored. We used a parts cleaner with a clear glass bowl to back-wash the fuel filter in order to find the cause of our woes. The amount of $hit that came out was seriously unbelievable.

May not have anything to do with your situation, but in any of your environments have changed recently, you may want to start there.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Bigstank

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel filter gauge shows restriction sometimes - SquareOne - 04-26-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.