Coolant problems
02-26-2016, (Subject: Coolant problems ) 
RE: Coolant problems
Mine has pressure after it warms up.. I did what gearhead said. Mine actually is so bad that at normal speeds, no issues, but the second I stop or hit traffic, all hell breaks lose and coolant spills out of my reservoir.

I too have done the oil sample and no coolant in oil. I did a Combustion Leak test and it didn't show anything. I also have blocked off my coolant lines going to my compressor and the pressure got a lot less but I'm still skeptical because I think it was my imagination. I'll do this again this weekend and see if it really did get less.

On the other hand, My little 290k 1994 toyota camry did the same thing for 4 months, no coolant in oil, but I had a bad head gasket which allowed gas to pressurize the radiator which made my toyota overheat every time I climbed a small hill.

So I'm torn. Spend $500-1000 on a new compressor head to see if that fixes the problem, or, tear apart my engine and figure out how to change the head gasket on the truck. 486k on CM871.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Coolant problems - kwted - 02-25-2016,
RE: Coolant problems - Hedley - 02-25-2016,
RE: Coolant problems - Crafter - 02-26-2016
RE: Coolant problems - Hedley - 02-26-2016,
RE: Coolant problems - Rawze - 02-26-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.