Chassis grease...
06-23-2020, (Subject: Chassis grease... ) 
Chassis grease...
Recently I've been playing with different kinds of grease to try to find something better than what I've been using. I switched from red to green grease, the red seemed to like to sling out of my u joints alot, leaving them dry inside of 5k miles.

I started using green, it was supposedly better and didn't like to sling out of u joints as much. It was fine when the temps were still mild. For the last few days, it's been pretty hot. Whaddya know? I went under the truck again, and my u joints and clutch linkage look like they've never been greased. I noticed it smeared easy when hot, really thin, so it looks like it doesn't tolerate high temps well. That would explain why it's all gone. The clutch was so dry it was creaking on my way home.

I'm considering using GAA, military grease. I remember that, the yellow stuff, being both thick and temp resistant, from -50 to 120+ deg F.

What have you guys used, and where? I'm big on greasing, and usually grease my clutch and drivetrain mid PM, with a full grease during a PM... but I didn't even make it that far this time.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Chassis grease... - dhirocz - 06-23-2020
RE: Chassis grease... - Rawze - 06-23-2020,
RE: Chassis grease... - tree98 - 06-24-2020,
RE: Chassis grease... - JMBT - 06-23-2020,
RE: Chassis grease... - Rawze - 06-24-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.