Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
07-12-2020, (Subject: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions ) 
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
Man I have always done my own Oil changes and greasing....... I just never trust anyone else to do it plus I am not near any place to have someone else do it.
I always try to drive my passenger steer up on a block so that I my pour drain is facing down. I have a quick drain plug I use for most of it but when I have a couple gallons left I remove the plug completely.
Another trick I do just before pulling the oil filter is fire truck up for 5 secs or so and than shut it off. It’s just enough to suck some of the oil out of the filter so when you undo the filter you don’t have oil running all over. Some people like punching a hole in the Bottom to drain it I just never have like that. Before putting the oil filter on I will fill it about half and make sure I put a lil oil on the o-ring just to make it easier to take the filter off the next time.
As for fuel filters I will my primary water separator filter and put my second filter on dry. I would just crack the filter and let the priming pump fill it and that tighten it down and cycle the prim pump twice and she usually fire pretty quick. Don’t know if that helps much, it’s something I do all the time so I don’t think much about it so having to try to explain it makes me think about it a lil bit lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , JimT , Pd6cas2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions - Canadian_eh85 - 07-12-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.