Stranded - need knock sensor
08-07-2020, (Subject: Stranded - need knock sensor ) 
RE: Stranded - need knock sensor
someone can't just idle the crap out of these emissions trucks then do a forced regen every time they turn around to make up for it. Sounds like that may be whats happening with it (just stating this as an FYI in case ppl don't know). -- It weakens the DPF every time you force regen them and after a while it starts catching up to it. -- an APU is your friend when it comes to emissions trucks and having to stay cool in hot weather.

If you need a NOx sensor, then register your truck on quickserv and find the exact part# you need ... call around and if you have to get it from far away, just over-night fedex or UPS it.

-- Hopefully your driver is able to replace the sensor. If your driver is unable to replace the sensor or troubleshoot it to some basic degree on their own,... well that is all part of the extra costs associated with having hired drivers in the truck. hopefully your business plan accounts for all that.

lastly, like others have said,.. you need to know the exact cummins fault code(s) the engine is complaining about before making a bunch of guesses.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stranded - need knock sensor - Rawze - 08-07-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.