Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure
07-21-2016, (Subject: Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure ) 
Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure
Hi all,

I just purchased a '10 ProStar Limited from Iowa and I got delivered to me in San Diego Ca. The truck runs and feels great but when I took delivery the warn engine and amber triangle were on. Because the truck felt good (and because i hadnt worked for 1 week) I was going to take a short trip to LA. I hadn't left San Diego when i got a stop engine and red octagon. Did a parked regen that took about 1.5 hrs. Drove away and 5 mins later, red light and buzzer again. Took to Mechanic and got cranckcase filter code. Opened up and was full of milky oil and found a shorted cable from the sensor. Replaced both filter and sensor. Hooked up and empty 53' container and truck does the same thing. Also lots of white smoke puffs on uphil. Computer hooked up while driving shows 10psi at crankcase . Took back to Mechanic and looked at crankcase filter again and it's about 1/3 from bottom up soaked in oil after driving about 15 miles with empty container. He says that can only be the cylinder rings. Talking about an engine overhaul.

Any thoughts?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure - So Cal ProStar - 07-21-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.