Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization
03-29-2024, (Subject: Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization ) 
RE: Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization
(03-29-2024 )Innocent Bystander Wrote:  I have a 2019 X15 in a KW dump truck that has "Stay warm" feature enabled and I believe by description of operation is causing an issue. This truck will kick up the idle from 600 rpm to 800 rpm and spool up the turbo and engine state goes to "active regen" yet no temps raise. It will do this every time you drive the truck over 5mph and will "kick in" and stay for 4-5 minutes then idle back down and spool down the turbo. No codes and no reason I can see for this to keep doing this. Even when truck is cold or just after a completed regen, drive the truck over 5 mph and kicks up. Truck has lasted calibration, but If I recalibrate it with latest it will stop doing it for about 4-5 hours then starts up again with no codes or anything I can see out of wack... New DPF and cleaned SCR/DOC. I tried to disable this feature but even with zap-it cant get it unlocked.

sounds pretty normal to me.

It has to keep that DPF, etc.. at around 500-F or so at all times for it to operate properly .. and it sounds like its simply changing operating modes to keep it there, like its supposed to whenever it gets cooled off too much for various reasons.

it being a dump truck with a lot of stop and go and idle ... doing an exhaust wrap on the pipes and system would trap that heat in and stabilize it more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization - Rawze - 03-29-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.