YTS turbo pushing some oil in to intake
10-23-2020, (Subject: YTS turbo pushing some oil in to intake ) 
YTS turbo pushing some oil in to intake
I have a fully demandated (Mommaburt) Kenworth T660 with an HE561ve reman YTS turbo with now 11,000 miles on it. Brand new Baldwin air filter. Its been hazing oil into the CAC since I installed it. I have been working with Mommaburt to adjust the turbo table up at idle (currently 725 rpm) because it was pulling a vacuum at the intake until I bump it up to 1000 rpm. Then it would have slight pressure. After some tweaking we have it pushing slight pressure (.2-.5psi) at idle but only when its warmed up. I've noticed its still at slight fluttering vacuum when its cold till I bump it up to 800+ rpm.

I'm wondering should I bump the turbo up higher to correct for the cold slower turbo spool or bump my base idle rpm up to 800? I'm afraid if I go up much higher I'll be having higher warmed up idle boost.

Is there a break in period for these remans? Is it the nature of the bigger turbos to do a little of this?

Ultimately I'm trying to rule out everything that can cause a turbo to push a little oil.

And yes I took a quick look for squirrels. There are no unwanted squatters in the intake system.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
YTS turbo pushing some oil in to intake - Chamberpains - 10-23-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.