CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice
11-03-2020, (Subject: CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice ) 
RE: CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice
(11-03-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(11-02-2020 )suined Wrote:  
(11-02-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  Does the whine seem to change when the air compressor kicks in and starts making air?

Nope whine stays the same, air compressor makes clicking noise while building air though, none of my other trucks make that noise

This "Clicking" noise, is it the actual compressor ior is it the Air Dryer? I have heard plenty of air dryers click, can't say I have heard an air compressor do that. Normally on the Cummins, we get the compressor knock, it tends to get louder as the pump ages.

And as far as "assuming" the dealer installed the compressor correctly is just that, and assumption... We all know the definition of assume, it is to make an ass of you and me... ;-)

May want to go over the compressor if that is what is actually ticking, it may not be lined up properly to the front gear train, which entails removing it.

Here is a quick video I took of the compressor running. Notice the knocking sound until the air dryer kicks

https://youtu.be/PzPzFXOKPXk
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM2250 loud engine whine, need advice - suined - 11-03-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.