Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer...
11-25-2020, (Subject: Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer... ) 
Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer...
At 63 MPH and above, nice new PA Turnpike pavement, steering wheel turns into a jackhammer. Bop, bop, bop, bop, very quick up and down. Will get worse when passed by a truck. This is loaded and bobtail.

2008 ProStar, 1,048,000 miles, regular old school original 12,000 lb two leaf suspension. No abnormal wear on any of the tires. Nothing noticeable on suspension in regards to loosey goosey, everything is tight. This started a few months ago and continues to worsen. I was thinking shocks, so I replaced, no difference. I lost a front wheel seal last week, replaced that on passenger side, spindle and bearings looked good, spindle was mic’d.

Rear suspension was rebuilt 300,000 miles ago, new bushings and torque rods. Historically I normally haul light loads. Rear looks good to my eye.

Michelin 16 ply steers have good tread depth, even wear, but are getting long in the tooth age wise, getting time to replace, another possibility? Going on four years with these babies. I high speed balance my tires, use external weights. No Centramatics, beads, etc.

I have an appointment this Friday at local PA International stealership... Hill International off I-70 just east of Pittsburg. Need to get this addressed ASAP.

I’m thinking King Pins... Your thoughts are greatly appreciated if any of you can help or have suggestions. I’m stuck in PA on a dedicated account.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer... - Waterloo - 11-25-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.