CM870 Winter Oil
01-21-2021, (Subject: CM870 Winter Oil ) 
RE: CM870 Winter Oil
I'll throw this in from my own personal observation when in framing my motor at Rawze's house. Gear oil. When we tore down the motor, that is the first thing that hit me in the nose, that smell of gear oil. It coated everything with a nice film, everything it touched it left a coating. Just a thought, I would imagine it would still be there at -30 to help with those cold starts.

Myself, if it is that cold, when working up in North Dakota, and Alaska, we left the motors running, but you know that. The electric block heaters did not do much in that cold weather, I would go with a Webasto or Espar heater. We also tarped the trucks when they sat, over the hood, front and around the sides, along with trying to park them out of the wind, but in a spot where the sun could still hit them when it came out. Again, I am sure you know that... ;-)

In ND, I knew of some outfits that installed the kerosene/diesel block heaters, they ran a small tank of kerosene separate from the diesel tanks to feed the block heater. This set up worked quite well.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
CM870 Winter Oil - tsolson - 01-20-2021,
RE: CM870 Winter Oil - tree98 - 01-20-2021,
RE: CM870 Winter Oil - Rawze - 01-20-2021,
RE: CM870 Winter Oil - Waterloo - 01-21-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.