Service DEF system, Parked Regen Required... Just Kidding
01-22-2021, (Subject: Service DEF system, Parked Regen Required... Just Kidding ) 
Service DEF system, Parked Regen Required... Just Kidding
Hi yall. New here. I'm a company driver for now. I drive a 2016 Volvo with a D13. I've been in it a week and a bit now. It has turned on a check engine light with a code for low NOx conversion efficiency. It has forced me to do a parked regen twice in the short time I have been in it. Also, it threatens every day or two to derate to 5 mph within <xx minutes, regen required.

I believe it derates power to 70-80 percent at this time because i can tell i have less power as well.. But before I get to where I can pull over and request parked regen it changes its mind, lights stop blinking and power comes back. On a side note it seems to only happen when its cold,, 35 or below..
What could the problem be? I have no idea on the history of this truck. It has 426,000mi on the clock now.

I was going to check the 7th injector for carbon buildup and hope its something that simple. Its not my truck but the last thing I want to do is stop at some company recommended shop (TA, Loves, etc) where they throw a part at it and send me out the door to repeat the process again and again. If it were up to me I would do an entire tuneup,, but not sure if i could convince company to do that.. Any advice would be great. I'm still reading through the library of info on here, if there is a particular one I should read let me know! Thanks in advance.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Service DEF system, Parked Regen Required... Just Kidding - Wildcat - 01-22-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.