2010 Pete 389 ISX 871 shuts down intermittently
01-27-2021, (Subject: 2010 Pete 389 ISX 871 shuts down intermittently ) 
RE: 2010 Pete 389 ISX 871 shuts down intermittently
(01-27-2021 )Billcummins6 Wrote:  ...
I never had access to a laptop and getting a copy was out of the question from the shop that did the work. Ill send it over today, its a program from DF.

You own a red engine. An Inline-6 adapter kit can be had from fleeabay for about $300 bucks or so. Should have been one of your first investments towards owning that thing so that your not reliant on others every time you get a hiccup.

If the place you mentioned is that garbage-can tuning company out of Colorado... then I can assure you that the program is going to be nothing but horrible engine-torturing garbage. I have seen lots of their butcher-work in the past and the destruction and damage that it causes over time plenty of times.

Personally, I could not stomach the thought of maybe having a horrible engine torturing program in my ecm by one of those companies, especially knowing that A)> The s$it can be done the right way, and B) There are resources for doing the programming yourself correctly and mostly for for free once someone has a cheap adapter and some sort of laptop to talk to the ecm with.

Every mile a truck goes is a gamble with regard to bad delete programming. It is absolutely a plague in this industry and that place you just mentioned has made far more than their fair share of completely butchered programs for that model engine.

I am not going to include this thread on the "bad delete" list just yet however. I always at least try to give the benefit of the doubt until something is known 100%. Get the program copied out of that ecm, you could have done this yourself with a cheap adapter and a crappy laptop, but in any event, e-mail it over to me and i will review it and tell you exactly what is in there, good, bad, or downright ugly. Its your loss and gamble with a $40,000 engine otherwise.

(for other ppl reading this) ...
and BTW: No one here is trying to sell anyone anything .... I gain nothing whatsoever from it. What I say is geared towards simply trying to help bring light to how bad this stuff really is in our industry.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2010 Pete 389 ISX 871 shuts down intermittently - Rawze - 01-27-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.