Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues
02-01-2021, (Subject: Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues ) 
Star Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues
Have a 2012 ford f750 with a cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350
Ecm# 3042867
Engine serial# 73532969
Current ecm code DT904206.06
When I log into insite it shows that there is a new updated ecm code available- DT906206.08
Does anyone know if the updated ecm calibration code has anything to do with my current issues??

Codes that keep popping up are:

I keep having sporadic def pressure issues. And def tank level issues.

So I monitor insite driving down the road and the def pressure sensor jumps all over from 130psi down to say 3psi, it never stays consistently at say 130psi.
I'm assuming it definitely is power related since I can watch the def pressure sensor voltage drop from
3.5v down to 0.8 volts.
Of course once def pressure drops under like 30psi it starts throwing codes.

So the truck was dropped off at a dealer due to it being a company truck and they swapped out the dosing module and a new def dosing injector due to the injector tip leaking. When I got the truck back it seemed to help for a couple days and then it started showing low def fluid when the def tank is full.
I rechecked def line orientation and that seems correct, I removed the def line going to the dosing injector and blew air through it so I know it isn't plugged.
Made sure the dosing module says 12v not 24v

The def tank temperature seems like it doesn't change much either. Temps range from say about 32-50 at most when it's about 15-30 degrees outside.

So this morning before I started truck I plugged into truck with insite and I noted the following temp sensors:
Aftertreatment def temp 21°F
Scr intake temp 24°F
Scr outlet temp 27°F
Barometric air pressure 29.3
Egr temp 26.2°F
Oem air temp 29°F
Turbo compressor outlet air temp 57.2°F
Intake mani psi sensor 1.19V
Intake temp sensor 2.75V
Intake mani temp 25°F
Def intake temp 26.2°F
Doc intake temp 26.6F
Def fluid psi sensor 0.8V

The only sensor that seemed out of wack was the turbo compressor outlet temp listed at 57.2 on a cold engine.

Now I have a few sensors that read 0 even when truck is running and they never change:
Def fluid temp sensor 0.0V
Scr intake temp signal 0.0V
Scr outlet temp signal 0.0V
Engine oil psi signal 0.0V
Egr valve position sensor 0.0V

On the scr intake and outlet temp sensors they read properly and temp wise they change when the truck is running and during regen except the voltage never changes on these scr temp sensors. They still always shows 0Volts which doesn't seem correct to me.

I know their is an Aftertreatment diesel exhaust fluid power relay located somewhere on this truck but I can't find it anywhere. I looked at all the fuses and relays and nothing is marked or labeled as this.

I'm trying to go over the basics, checked my ground studs and they are nice and tight.
Where the main ecm harness splits off from the 5 or 6 plugs just behind the engine/along side the d/s engine. I checked the plugs and pulled them apart and checked the pins and no pins seem pushed out of the connector and not making connection. The harness that runs from this point back to the dosing module and splits off to the scr side doesn't look the greatest. It is not wrapped in split loom. Its wrapped in some type of black cloth type crap and its hard to inspect the wires.

Their is a few spots where the harness splits off and is like almost kinked over.

I suppose the only easy way to figure out where my bad wires are located in this harness is to just remove the harness from the truck and start checking continuity?

I may not be able to find it because depending on the way the harness lays it very well could check out fine continuity wise.
Their is a few spots where the harness looked to be rubbing back and fourth but it wasn't completely worn through the outside of the black cloth wrapping.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues - joed2323 - 02-01-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.