YTS turbo question
02-09-2021, (Subject: YTS turbo question ) 
RE: YTS turbo question
My turbo was starting to hang up on occasions (had 700,000+ miles on it) ...

I have this "stage-2" intake (cold side) turbine in mine, YTS did it, asked me to see what I though of it. Been using it for about 2 months so far.

had to tweak the turbo tables slightly down to bring back in spec.

I track my fuel mileage like a hawk... it did not go up by any measurable amount.

I did however notice that response was slightly better, and all engine data shows as if the turbo was down-sized slightly. The turbine is slightly larger than factory and takes up some of the gap in the intake housing.

Other ppl have made claims of some gains, but I have not seen them on my own truck. My old turbo was working fine outside of it starting to hang once in a while. - I am thinking ppl who made these claims had bad turbo or something wrong to begin with?

The turbine he came up with and offers as a "stage-2" upgrade is not harmful as far as I can tell outside of maybe having to tweak a turbo table in the ecm to prevent over-boosting on some trucks.

Only negative I have seen so far is if someone using this different turbine in a heavy haul application, where the turbo might retain more internal heat due to the down-sizing effect that turbine has. This could lead to shorter turbo life due to turbo running higher temps.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: YTS turbo question - Rawze - 02-09-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.