Intermitent Derate alarm
03-15-2021, (Subject: Intermitent Derate alarm ) 
RE: Intermitent Derate alarm
(03-15-2021 )BDiscovery Wrote:  Just had a yard mechanic replace the DEF filter, maybe he didn't install it correctly? These guys on the road keep calling it a turbo problem.

I appreciate any help.

Active: SPN 3490-FMI7 == cummins fault code 3225 ...
Aftertreatment Purge Air Actuator - Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjustment.A stuck closed after-treatment purge air actuator has been detected.

Inactive: SPN 5742-FMI16 == cummins fault code 4163 ...
Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Temperature Sensor Module - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level

Inactive: SPN3058-FMI16 == cummins code 3383 ...
Engine Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level

================
--- THOSE CODES ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH A TURBO PROBLEM!.,.. THAT IS WHAT IDIOT MECHANICS WILL TYPICALLY SAY BECAUSE IT IS AN EXPENSIVE COMPONENT AND EASY TO SOCK YOU WITH A BIG FAT REPAIR BILL!!!-- RUN LIKE HE#LL AWAY FROM THOSE CLOWNS!
================

cummins fault code 3225 ...

* The DOSER injector (commonly known as the 7th injector by some people) fuel line has a purge-air actuator to blow out fuel when it is not in use. The Actuator for the purge-air actuator (i think its part# 3686371, not sure tho) is stuck closed... or a wiring problem of one sort or another. This actuator is on the drivers side of the engine behind the fuel system.

other possible causes:
* Possible causes of this fault code include:
* A stuck closed aftertreatment purge air actuator
* Missing or leaking air supply line to the aftertreatment purge air actuator
* Missing or leaking air supply line from the aftertreatment purge air actuator to the shutoff valve manifold.
* Bad doser injector.

-- ALSO -- once this fault becomes active, the regen system will stop working and the exhaust system will start clogging up.

==========

cummins fault code 4163 ...

Bad temp sensor at the , or possibly excess exhaust gasses going intot he exhaust system due to failed (or switched off) EGR system.

============

cummins code 3383 ...

EGR gas flow is higher than commanded. Take your pick ...

* Stuck or bad EGR valve.
* Bad EGR delta-P sensor.
* Bad wiring to Delta-P sensor.
* clogged up egr piping, making for abnormal readings of sensors.

--- ITS CALLED an EGR -Tune-UP!... Pull the whole system apart and replace the Delta-P, the IMAP, cleand, inspect, and test the EGR valve, piping, etc.etc.etc.
ALSO, WATCH my EGR-tune-up series on youtube and do what is shown to your model engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BDiscovery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermitent Derate alarm - Rawze - 03-15-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.