CM 870 idle issue after start up
03-25-2021, (Subject: CM 870 idle issue after start up ) 
CM 870 idle issue after start up
Hi all. Looking for some help before I'm forced to head to the stealership.

Upon startup I've had a slight idle stutter/hesitation? Used to go away if I bumped up the cruise idle. Lately seems to keep doing it for a while then evens out. Getting worse in frequency. Doesn't do it after sitting overnight just if I shut off truck for a while then happens when I start ot up again. No check engine warning lights.

Last year I had the fuel shutoff solonoid replaced from advise online which fixed some bad issues where idle was extremely bad low fuel pressure warning lights etc. Non driveable. At the time dealer told me my tanks needed to come off the IFSM was clogged and it was going to be thousands of dollars. Turned out it was a $100 solonoid.

Were they correct though that I may have gunk in the fuel system thst got through filters? Maybe the actuators? I did have the 280/350? regulators cleaned at the time....

Anyways maybe related a couple times a week I get a check engine light while driving goes away after 5 min leaving no faults on the dash display.

My local shop has let their Cummins insite expire so I'm kind of screwed where I am for now till light stays on and I find a good shop in Niagara, Ontario Canada. I don't wan to go back to that dealer again.

If this sounds similar to your experience please help. Thanks!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM 870 idle issue after start up - Craag - 03-25-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.