2 engines turned into one running 386 build thread.....
04-08-2021, (Subject: 2 engines turned into one running 386 build thread..... ) 
Wink 2 engines turned into one running 386 build thread.....
In a moment of poor judgment or maybe good judgment I bought a truck that needs the engine torn down to see what’s wrong (coolant suddenly in the pan, smells like burning oil, coolant and fuel all at the same time as well as missing and steamy blow by) and a spare motor (supposed low miles) I’d like some help with quicksrve comparing the two. I paid wrecker prices for the both so if they’re junk I’m only out my time to tear down.

I’m hoping to make one good runner out of the pair of engines. The one in the truck has a new turbo, new ecm and reman injectors. The spare is supposed to be low miles but the turbo and ecm were parted out.

I started to look in quickserve comparing the two but I don’t really know what the difference between part numbers are so if someone who knows wants to chime in I’d love feed back. When the shop slows up a bit I’ll pull both pans and heads off and see what’s what.

In truck s/n 79240836 cpl 2733 rated 485/1650

Spare a/n 79301420 cpl 2732 rated 450/1650

Tanks.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2 engines turned into one running 386 build thread..... - sask3500 - 04-08-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.