Fuel leak from top of gear pump head
04-16-2021, (Subject: Fuel leak from top of gear pump head ) 
Fuel leak from top of gear pump head
Anyone familiar with these plugs on the top of the fuel pump head? Noticed a very slight fuel smell when I shut down for the day, upon further inspection, and after a clean-up, it appears the fuel is leaking through the torx plug shown in the pic. Don't see any info on Quickserve about it either. Only info I have found is they are not serviceable and can only be repaired by replacing the head----which would be ridiculous, but not at all surprising.

- What is their purpose, and has anyone removed one to see what seals them? Figured I'd ask before diving in blindly and needing a 'backordered' part.

BTW, This is on a cm2350 w/ about 490k. Replaced the guts of the FP a few months back again as a precaution. Haven't had any fuel or leaking issues other than this today. Performance has remained the same (although I haven't run a leak down test with insite yet with the discovery of this leak).

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Fuel leak from top of gear pump head - SquareOne - 04-16-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.